This blog is my thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the world and life around me and you. I see the world through a Christian's eyes and this is how I write about it. Whether it be criticism or praise, I am very direct about what I see as was Christ himself. Its time that I share what I have to say with whoever would like to listen. Enjoy what you read and I welcome anything you have to say about it. In Christ

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Growing up in a whole new way...

So the past couple months I have been looking for a position at a company that I can thrive in. There are plenty of places that I couple just accept a paycheck every two weeks, but I want to be employed at a company where I can make my mark. A place where I can begin to build a reputation in a sales atmosphere. A place where I can feel at home. Ok, so I know that God has a plan, a plan that has me in the place where I need to be. Not only for myself, but to further His kingdom, which is my ultimate goal in everything I do. So here I am waiting, waiting for God to reveal that place for me.

I am also growing in another way. I am growing in relationships that are the most important to me. One of those relationships is the most important, the one I have with my savior. The second is the one with my girlfriend, in the ways I treat, respect and honor her. The greatest part about these two relationships is that they overlap. I found that the better I am with one, the better I am with the other. Isn't that the goal? To have the relationship of your savior be within every relationship? ESPECIALLY with the one you care about most? So I am progressing, patiently, with my girlfriend and we are diving into 2 Timothy together. If you haven't read this book closely I suggest it 100%. A friend in college suggested it, alone or in a relationship, and he couldn't had been more right. I am finding that me and Timothy are not that much different. Both are young and looking to further His kingdom in every chance we get. And as I am reading this with Tayler, I am finding that a lot of what Paul says to Timothy applies to us in many ways. I am very excited, as you can probably read, about this.

I have always tried to grow up too fast. Tried to act older than I was or do things that I definitely was not ready for. It always seem to be harmful to me, whether spiritually or physically, it always hurt me in some way. In this way I have hurt people around me, people who I ahve lost over the years. The ones who have stuck around through my trials and tribulations have seen me transform into someone that just wants to be me. No one else but the person God has molded and continues to mold. I still have struggles that I battle with on a daily basis but all that means to me is that "the enemy" wants to bring me down and still has not been able. Even though at times I have let him into my life, my Savior has always been there for me and fought my battles with me. And, of course, with Him you can not lose. You have the trump card that defeats all eveil, no matter how strong you may think it is. Jesus Christ is always stronger.

Its funny, as I am writing this entry, a Kutless song came up on my iTunes that I have always felt was a direct message from God. The song is called "Vow" and it is the one song I can always go to, and see tat there is such a bigger plan then my life. That I will always vow to try and be the disciple He has called to Him. To be he disciple that will hear the words "well done my good and faithful servant" (Matthew 25:21) when I stand in front of my Lord and Savior in Heaven.

Right now I do not pray for me, I pray for those reading this that may think that since they have screwed up as a Christian, they have no way back to Him. Listen, there is always a way back. Always a way home. And always a way to His arms that are waiting wide open for you. I have been where you are, and trust me the other way is never a good thing and never satisfying. The only thing that will satisfy your thirst is Him, and Him alone. Trust that His love will redeem and it shall be done. I am praying for you, whoever you are, and know that I always will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment