This blog is my thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the world and life around me and you. I see the world through a Christian's eyes and this is how I write about it. Whether it be criticism or praise, I am very direct about what I see as was Christ himself. Its time that I share what I have to say with whoever would like to listen. Enjoy what you read and I welcome anything you have to say about it. In Christ

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sand through an hourglass....

Wow...things seem to change quickly. I have been on a pretty fast roller coaster ride since I last posted something on here. Some of the last two months have been fantastic, and others have been extremely discouraging. I was able to get very close to Christ in my walk and also there were, to my utmost regret, times that I felt far from His embrace. However, I am happy to say that I can feel His spirit beside me.

The last time I wrote I said that I was beginning my journey. Well, yeah God definitely heard that prayer and took little time in showing me that it was going to be a journey that I never expected. Just under a month ago I began to date one of my best friends. A girl that I have literally known her whole life and someone that I am very close to. It was something unexpected on both sides and I can honestly say, something I was unprepared for. She was not just another girl I was getting to know. This was someone I had already trusted, someone I trusted more than anyone. So we moved kinda fast in the beginning. It scared both of us and as the excitement wore off, the fear stayed. Luckily, we were able to discuss and be completely honest with one another. Something that I have always strive for in a relationship but rarely received. After our discussion and since then, things have been honest, great and most importantly God centered.

Me and my girlfriend have started to read 2 Timothy together and this week we focused on chapter 1. I have read this chapter many times while I was single but now being in a relationship, Paul's writings mean an entirely new thing. The words from Paul to Timothy and the encouragement to be faithful hit hard and are very convicting. Makes me wonder where in the past I placed my faith. In myself? Pastors? Family? Relationships? All have and will continue to fail me until my faith is solely in Christ Jesus. Paul writes, "Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I am entrusted to Him for that day."

I want you guys to look at your own lives and ask who you are putting your trust in and if it is not Christ...why not? As I continue my journey, I am going to be more open and honest with whoever, if anyone, is reading this. So sit back and hold on. Some of this may make sense and the other stuff...well I guess I am just rambling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment