This blog is my thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the world and life around me and you. I see the world through a Christian's eyes and this is how I write about it. Whether it be criticism or praise, I am very direct about what I see as was Christ himself. Its time that I share what I have to say with whoever would like to listen. Enjoy what you read and I welcome anything you have to say about it. In Christ

Friday, April 22, 2011

I came, I saw, I LIVED...

I recently started to look at things in my life a whole lot differently. The past year has been a struggle, professionally and personally, and it took a dramatic change for me to get back to my usual self. After dealing with the drama that comes with relationships as well as friends that came and went, I found exactly where I wanted to be. I had to start living in the moment and start to enjoy my life. I was so focused on pleasing every other person around me that I wasn't happy myself. This needed to change and in turn so did I. I needed to get over the people that constantly hurt me, put them in my past and move on. There were a few key people that helped do this and I am glad they did. There was no way someone could have gotten through what I did alone.

I have been spending more time out, with my friends and with my brother, meeting new people and doing new things. over the past two years I got comfortable in a routine that was boring and predictable. I really didn't go out and be myself. I felt sorry for myself. Wow, weird seeing it. Yeah I really felt sorry for myself and the way I had been treated by multiple people. Last weekend I was in Las Vegas. It was a blast and everything someone gong to Vegas would expect. However, it proved to be so much more. It was the first time I just tried being myself. Not trying to please the people I was with or trying to impress the girl I was talking to...just being myself. If they didn't like it, tough. They could take off, I just stopped caring what other people thought. And go figure, it turned out people liked that more than when I tired to impress them. Go figure...

So I get back to reality, and I do the exact same thing as I did before. Tried to be the person everyone wanted me to be at work, and the person others wanted me to be at home. All it took was a few kind words over a text message and a phone call for me to realize what needed to change. Its amazing who you meet, where you meet them, for how long and the impact they have on your life. I am not the kind of person that usually meets someone randomly and keeps in contact. But there is something about certain people I come across that I feel it would be such a loss if I lost contact with them. Those kind of people have seen the true me. The people/ friends that haven't seen the true me, they seem to move on in my life. The rest stay.

The rest are my friends. My true friends that no matter what have my back. I wouldn't have these friends unless I was me, the person that wants to live life to its fullest and do not want to worry about what may happen a few years down the road. I want to live in this moment and enjoy what I am doing. I cant live in the past or in the future. I have to be myself and live day to day. Its the only way that I can enjoy the time I have, as tomorrow is never promised. I will always thank God for the people that pass through my life. I will enjoy the time I spend with them and even the conversations I have. But I refuse to let some people simply disappear out of my life. They help make me who I am and the man that I am quickly becoming. I know what I have to offer for that woman that makes my life complete one day. Until that day I will enjoy life and live it as if it was my last.

I love simple sayings such as "Seize The Day" and "I came, I saw, I conquered". They truly show how life it supposed to be enjoyed. In the moment and with the passion of a person that knows exactly what they want. I know what I want and there isn't anyone that can steer me from that goal. Time to enjoy life...

No comments:

Post a Comment