This blog is my thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the world and life around me and you. I see the world through a Christian's eyes and this is how I write about it. Whether it be criticism or praise, I am very direct about what I see as was Christ himself. Its time that I share what I have to say with whoever would like to listen. Enjoy what you read and I welcome anything you have to say about it. In Christ

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The way words work....

I am currently in Townsville, Queensland Australia on my YWAM DTS trip (It is basically a 6 month long school and missions trip). Things could not be going better. I am growing, painfully, and becoming a better man. Everything that I could hope for spiritually is happening. However there is something that I notice. I am not immune to this so don't think that I am trying to criticize unfairly or anything. Just a mere observation that has quickly become a reality and that something I think needs to be addressed a whole lot more.

Words hurt. Everyone knows this. I mean we use them as ammunition every single day. Weather its to make fun of a friend, slander an enemy or just as a quick jolt to show command over someone or something. The one that hurts the most is the one that is thought about the least. I expect things from an enemy, things that will slander a reputation or destroy our self esteem. However the one that hurts the most hits a lot closer to home. The one that comes from the people you should be trusted most.

When you trust someone, when you finally open up and let go of all of the insecurities you have and let someone in, its a responsibility of the other person(s) to understand that things change on both sides. Certain things can no longer be said.

One example is when you quickly exclude someone from a conversation/ hangout. When you see all of your friends huddle together and everything inside you just wants to be included, they push you away. This is something that will always hurt. No matter if they show it or not. It hurts and cuts deeper than most people can understand. I have been guilty of excluding people in the past, and this is something I am dramatically trying to change, quickly.

But the person that has been excluded can only feel isolated. By a few words. Like "you can't come" or "you don't belong". Isolation is the repression of the human spirit and soul. No one is made to be isolated. To be kept from human contact, but that is exactly the feeling you get. So you have someone either stand up for themselves or walk away. On one hand, if the person talks back then they look like a jerk. They are repressed even more, maybe a longer period. If the other occurs then isolation occurs for a minute, hour, day, week, month, or even years. You never know where depression could start. Maybe with three little words that you said.

So people, I pray that you think about not only what you say but how you would feel if it was you walking away feeling rejected. Truly ask yourself what you would do?

No comments:

Post a Comment