This blog is my thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the world and life around me and you. I see the world through a Christian's eyes and this is how I write about it. Whether it be criticism or praise, I am very direct about what I see as was Christ himself. Its time that I share what I have to say with whoever would like to listen. Enjoy what you read and I welcome anything you have to say about it. In Christ

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Acts 20:24 .....I am speechless.

I am speechless after reading and studying this verse. However I can still type so I would like to get my thoughts down on paper. This may be the most convicting and encouraging verse I have read to date, at least it is to me. I love teh words that are used and the way it is presented. The verse is "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." This is how we should be living. That nothing in this world matters at all, only the task God has laid out before us. We were talking last night abcout how in everything we do, God uses us. In our work, play, whatever, He is using us! I have to constantly remind myself that my life is meaningless. Plain and simple. I do not matter in the overall concept of His kingdom. His plan and overall objective is so much bigger than my plan and who I am, I can not even fathom it! This is what I was reminded of last night.

I have been battling right now about wher God wants me, and am I called to be at the job I am. That is the only thing that was bugging me. I was stressing over, trying top find out reasons why I shoudl or should not be where I am. Then in one quick moment alst night, with one verse, I was at peace. God is going to use me where I am at and if He does not want me here he will direct my path, because my life is in His hands. I need not worry about where God wants me, I am already there. He has already set out the plan, I just have to learn to walk it.

Acts 20:24 has a special meaning in my life right now. I am contemplating a lot of things I want to do, such as making a "Bucket List" on my post below this one. Be sure to understand that the things listed are things I would like to do, my purpose to aide in the advancement of God's kingdom holds precedent above all those things, BY FAR! But still, those would be fun.. :) I am thinking of where I would be in 5 years...married? kids? better job? ministry? I just don't know, and I have been trying to figure out what God wants my life to do. The thing I have to udnerstand is that my life is meaningless when compared to His plan. I have to let go. Let go of ambitions that are selfish, and deeds that do not help. My life is devoted to Christ, 100%.... or is it more like 99%...or 90%?? Or less.

This is no longer a constant struggle for me. As I prayed in chruch last night, I prayed for peace. Peace in relationships, peace that He has control. Peace that I will not strive to be something I am not, and to be someone he calls me to be. And the best part about that is, I am already somone he wants me to be. I am the man he has molded me for the purpose He has laid out, I am a follower of Christ and all that He teaches.

So, I continue my walk with Christ on a new set of expectations....I have none. What an amazing feeling, to not expect anything to happen. Just follow the Lord, our God and let Him guide me through His word.

I do not want you to think I came by this by myself. It seems God has placed someone in my life I can talk to about about these things. She is an amazing woman of God, and I thank her for listening as well as discussing many things that I think about.

I leave you on another verse I used to overlook, but now have a new appreciation for. When Jesus was praying to His Father in Heaven, he said soemthing that directly applies to us. So think about this one and you try to live your life.

"I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do."
John 17:4

No comments:

Post a Comment