This blog is my thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the world and life around me and you. I see the world through a Christian's eyes and this is how I write about it. Whether it be criticism or praise, I am very direct about what I see as was Christ himself. Its time that I share what I have to say with whoever would like to listen. Enjoy what you read and I welcome anything you have to say about it. In Christ

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lifehouse describes Everything...

A lot of questions I have been coming up with during my writings have been giving up control, and having patience, and following God. However, it took me a long time to figure out why giving all these things to God, and who was He exactly. When I was searching for a lot of things in England, on my mission trip, I found exactly who He is through a Lifehouse song and a sketch that was on YouTube. Basically to sum it up, He is EVERYTHING! Lifehouse has become one of my favorite Christian bands and for many reasons. It is almost like they speak directly towards me with the lyrics they sing. It is great to be able to feel that way, feel that I am not alone in this crazy world and for the longest time I felt that way. Like no one would understand what I have been through. Below is the video of the sketch at a conference called Winterfest in Knoxville, TN, and it has honestly touched my heart every time I watch it. It shows me where I was and how far I have come on my walk with Christ.



After watching that clip many times over the past coupe years, it still gives me chills. Its hows the sin that we go through yet Jesus is still there. It show that we deny him again and again as we drink excessively, do drugs, even contemplate suicide, yet He is still there. This is a perfect example of grace. The part that gets me most is when we are ready to come back to Christ. When we feel nothing without Him and now that he is our Everything! However this no easy task as any born again believer will tell you. It is a struggle against sin and temptation, and an uphill battle all the way. However as we battle sin we become cleansed. In the clip you can see that the girls black shirt becomes white representing her purity through Christ and the grace given to her. But still at the end when we finally are so close to Christ, sin still does not let us go and we are still haunted by our past mistakes while being tempted all the time. It is not until we call on Christ to take it away and when he steps in front and conquers our sin through his death. He battles it for us and as long as we ask, we will be forgiven and He will never let anything tempt us that we can't handle. The image of Christ stepping in front of the sin tempting us is so powerful and clenches my heart. It fills me up with so much with joy and conviction, I am completely in awe of His sacrifice. What an amazing thing grace really is, and the pure heart I receive through my Savior's death and resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment