This blog is my thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the world and life around me and you. I see the world through a Christian's eyes and this is how I write about it. Whether it be criticism or praise, I am very direct about what I see as was Christ himself. Its time that I share what I have to say with whoever would like to listen. Enjoy what you read and I welcome anything you have to say about it. In Christ

Monday, April 20, 2009

Oprah's New Church

I never really enjoyed watching Oprah's show, with no big reason, just that it was not for me. If you watch it great, I think it is an inspirational show followed by millions of people. However, as a Christian, I believe it is important to let people know what exactly she is teaching off the air. She may be a great person, giving millions if not billions of money to a variety of charities. However, Christ tells us in the Parable of The Widows Offering (Mark 12:41-44) that it does not mean the amount of what you give in any way. But in the matter you give and the faith you have while giving. So I ask you who has put more into the world in Christ's eyes (which is the only one that matters), Oprah who gives hundreds of millions, or a college student who gives his church the last twenty dollars he has?

So besides the fact that she gives a lot of money, she also is inspirational. Which is great! She is a Follower if Christ right? This is what I found out a couple years ago. I fund that she has adapted her own "belief system" and has been deceiving and confusing believers, over two million at last count. Please take the time to watch the video below so that you can be educated enough to find the difference between a follower of Christ and a person that believes what they find convenient. The video is below.



Oprah states in the video that Jesus is NOT the only way and that there are "millions of ways to get to what you call God". This is completely false based on the teachings of Christ. She also talks about, in another interview with Larry King, that she feels she has control over life and she has caused things to happen, such as gaining a movie role in The Color Purple.
The thing I think bothers me most is that she said that she stated to turn from God when she heard that God "is a jealous God". This statement from the minister is very true. It states that in the Bible clearly. However, Oprah takes it as God is jealous of us, like he wants what we have. God is jealous in the fact that He wants all of us to himself. Just as the first commandment says, "Thou shall have no other gods before me". This is the jealousy that is spoken. The twisting of scripture, just as Joseph Smith did almost 200 years ago with teh Church of Latter Day Saints, is causing believers to be manipulated and are falling far from Christ. This is what scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment