This blog is my thoughts, feelings, and opinions about the world and life around me and you. I see the world through a Christian's eyes and this is how I write about it. Whether it be criticism or praise, I am very direct about what I see as was Christ himself. Its time that I share what I have to say with whoever would like to listen. Enjoy what you read and I welcome anything you have to say about it. In Christ

Monday, April 27, 2009

Lord, Give Me A Revelation!

As I was sitting in church last night, thinking about where God wants to lead me, I thought about what I have been doing the past 22 years. Everything I had wanted to do was becasue of my desire to accomplish it. The only thng that I can say was not this case was joing High Rollers, but even then, at first, I had some selfish ideas about it. I started to think about the trip to Michigan that I wanted to take so badly. To see my friends that were such a big part of my life and I haven't seen for almost 12 years. But most imporatntly, I wanted to get away. Get away from responsibility, from issues that I had created, just basically run away.

Then I started to think if God had a bigger plan in mind for me this summer. I asked myself about how He going to use me, and not how I was going to use Him! First time I had done that. It wa sthen that it hoit me. I was sitting in Rock Harbor worshipping a God that I was afraid to worship compeletly. I have my ministries yes, but have not completely given EVERYTHING to Christ so He can use me as he would like to. I made a decision there as I prayed. There is a camp for the High Rollers ministry this summer. It is a full week of hanging out with the kids, and honestly I was afraid. Afraid of spending a week with a group that although I love dearly, was so different then anything I have experienced. But you know what? I haver a feeling that is where God needs me, and after cancelling my trip to Michigan, I gave my 100% devotion to it. Not an easy decision and I was shaking with excitement, fear, and nervousness as I told the Young Life Staff members that I would go. But I feel completely at peace with going, and I know it is for the glory of God and not for my selfish reasons.

Another part of that night was accepting that I can be myself around everyone adn not have to worry about what they may or may not think of me. A friend of mine saiud today at lunch that, "You need to be Cory, just VCory, and God will bless you becasue of it". Although such a simple statement, he is competetly right. I am always myself but am always worried adn paranoide what others may say about me. The thing t remeber is that it does not matter what anyone on this Earth says about me, NO ONE! All that matters is that I am truly seeking God with my whole heart and that life is devoted to Him. All that matters is when I finally meet my Heavenly Father, he ill say "Well done, good and faithful servant..." (Matthew 25:21) This is the only opinion that matters, and remembering that is the key to survival in such a sinful world.

So here I sit, at my desk, opening my life for God to use me. In any way that He sees fit, and I am completely willing to do ANYTHING that he is calling me to do. God, give me a revlation, show me what to do. I am beside myself, and haven't got a clue.

"But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." (Exodus 9:16)

Amen

1 comment:

  1. Lord, I pray for cory that you will continue to do a might work in his life and heart. It is amazing to see your faithfulness with him and for that we give You glory and worship. But, Lord in this time of waiting we seek You and ask that You would reveal Your heart to Cory that he might be in line with Your will for his life. thank You for Your Son. amen.

    ReplyDelete